vBulletin stats
  1. Feel free to join, discuss and list your real estate properties. Never put your hard earned money in real estate without discussing the projects. Please don't throw around your website's link.
  2. Get stock markets trading ideas and strategies. Discuss Personal finance and plan your retirement. Join home buying forum to post your investment and trading questions.
  3. Post your rental queries in the city specific forum. If you are looking for a house, provide additional details like budget & specifications like 1BHK, 2BHK etc. If you are posting about your property for rent, provide maximum information like rent, locality, floor etc.

Best bank for home loan

Discussion in 'Home finance' started by roop_kumar, Oct 4, 2011.

1. roop_kumar Member

Hi,

I want to purchase a flat and like most of other buyers, i am also shopping for home loans. I am confused about the bank which i should use. Most of the offers sound good at first hand but we know how they create problem at later stage. I am a bit inclined towards HDFC bank for home loan. But i need to confirm, so any suggestions on that.

Thanks
  2. real_buzz Moderator

I think HDFC is good but i think it is better to shop for PSU banks before you finalize any deal. Now getting loan from PSU banks is a big deal but their offers are better in comparison with Private banks. But yes, HDFC is a good bank to go with.
  3. sunil Member

IDBI is also good, better get a quote from them as well before you finalise anything on it.
  4. sunil Member

Go for SBI, LIC Housing finance, there loan approval process is long and tedious but home loan is for long term, so make sure that they don't change their interest rate very often and very high. Private banks are a bit risky in terms of that. PSU home loan companies offer better packages in that term.
  5. real_buzz Moderator

I agree, SBI, LIC Housing and other PSU banks should be the first choice, It takes months and whole lot of paper work. But there is peace of mind. I am not saying bigger private banks are bad, but remember at the end of the day, they remain private banks.
  6. ramchandran New Member

HDFC is the best
  7. CedrikStone New Member

HDFC is well tested of all who are taking loan,in Finland country most of the loan including pikavippi or quick loans are also coming from that bank and just like they said it is the best.
  8. Grace Harris New Member

For me you really got a good choice of bank.HDFC is really friendly for home loan and my friend use it before.
  9. Leon D. Mason New Member

I heard a lot about HDFC and it seem that it is not bad for getting home loan.