vBulletin stats
  1. Feel free to join, discuss and list your real estate properties. Never put your hard earned money in real estate without discussing the projects. Please don't throw around your website's link.
  2. Get stock markets trading ideas and strategies. Discuss Personal finance and plan your retirement. Join home buying forum to post your investment and trading questions.
  3. Post your rental queries in the city specific forum. If you are looking for a house, provide additional details like budget & specifications like 1BHK, 2BHK etc. If you are posting about your property for rent, provide maximum information like rent, locality, floor etc.

Qualifying leads applies to friends and family too

Discussion in 'Real Estate Resellers' started by kick88, May 4, 2012.

1. kick88 New Member

I just wasted a month showing homes to two friends from church who turned out not be serious buyers at all. And it was all my fault. They told me they were "interested" in buying a home, I got them preapproved for a mortgage at a great rate, even did a buyer consultation with them. My error was in assuming they were serious about buying a home now. After all, they know I'm a full-time agent so they wouldn't waste my time, right? I didn't ask the three most important questions: 1) Why do you need to move?, 2) How soon do you need to move? and 3) What kind of monthly payment are you looking for? Turns out that both clients were unrealistic about what they could buy. Had I treated them like every other client, I would've saved time and gas for both of us. Let this be a lesson learned to the newbies and even season agents. Qualify everyone, no matter how close you are.